I am boring as frick these days. And opinionated. Ha!
I have not given up on my monthly endeavors into self-education, I just haven’t had the free time I’ve been used to, so I’m not blogging it as I go. It’s amazing what a difference it makes when you actually have work to do for the hours you are working. Big difference. Huge.
Fortunately, I enjoy my job and my coworkers (always nice), and I don’t mind getting up and going in to work.
In lieu of everything I intended to do as far as blogging out my research, here is a listicle:
- I have read 2 different psychology books (one about how the way we use pronouns tells us who we are, one about how we only think we are making choices)
- I have started Connie Rice’s book about how she worked with the LAPD to strengthen communities against gang warfare
- I have reread the Hunger Games in anticipation of that movie’s premier
- I have read two memoirs (one about being a domestic in the early 20th Century, one about being a domestic in the 1980s)
- I have completely ignored art
- I have discovered Revlon Lip Butter lipsticks and really like them
- I have decided that Lashgasm, by Too Faced, is my current favorite mascara
- I have declared one war
- I started watching SMASH and really like it–the musical numbers are great and stick with you
- I have made it a point to send or call in at least 5 good comments per week
And with that…goodnight!