1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Sold a book.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really make NY resolutions, but this time last year, I was looking for a job and was determined to make a solid go of any job I got. If that was a resolution, I kept it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Knock wood, no.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
The self-discipline it takes to keep up a nice looking home.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Thor’s first day of school. That’s a biggie. Not in small part because it meant saving $140 a week!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I feel like getting and working hard at my job was an achievement. I regained a lot of lost self esteem.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Laundry and toilet scrubbing.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not anything notable.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
We paid off both cars. Does that count?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My whole family did well. We are all very human, but the good thing is that we all understand that, and love each other anyway.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I really wasn’t around much of that this year. A relative struggled through a nasty spell, and the persona t the root of his trouble was appalling, but I never saw it personally.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Daycare, up until September.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving! We are city folk again!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? 7lbs fatter
iii. richer or poorer? In balance, about the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Laundry and toilet scrubbing
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Feeling guilty about laundry and toilet scrubbing
20. How (did) you spend Christmas?
With my family, mainly assembling Thor’s gifts.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I stay in love.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Nothing really sent me this year, but I do laugh a lot at 30 Rock
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
How to work my iTunes
26. What did you want and get?
A good job
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
I can’t think of one offhand. We didn’t see a lot of movies this year.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We went to the Melting Pot and ate fondue…and I was forty
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Someone to do my laundry and scrub my toilets…not to seem repetitive
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
31. What kept you sane?
A good sense of humor
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
None of them. I’m too jaded to think my stirred-up-ness matters, so I just glower at them all.
33. Who did you miss?
All of my grandparents
34. Who was the best new person you met?
Well that is easy. Rebecca.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
What goes around, does come around. And when you use what you have to help people, other people will use what they have to help you.
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I can’t believe I’m about to write this, but “All you need is now.”
Leave a Reply