Name: Cortney R. Elam
Job Title: Attorney
- Who are you? I’d like to think that I am Superwoman- I’m a mother to a 6-year-old daughter. I am an attorney and business owner.
- What do you love most about your life? Waking up to see that little girl’s smiling face every day.
- What do you love most about your work? Being my own boss. Setting my own schedule.
- Describe your family: Caitlin and I – just the two of us
- What does the first hour of your day look like? Dropping Caitlin off at school, and getting to the office.
- The last hour? Laying in the bed, relaxing reading, playing a game or knitting (my new hobby)
- What makes you feel successful? When I realize that I am truly happy. I don’t have everything that I want, but I definitely have everything that I need, so that I can set an example for my daughter.
- What brings you joy? Helping other people. I know that sounds cliché, but just being a listening ear, and there to help.
- Which women do you most admire? My mom. Michelle Obama. Jamie Moses. Suzanne Meehle.
- What do you like best about your closest friend? Her openness and honesty
- What do you like best about yourself? My relentless spirit, my ability to keep going despite the adversity.
- What advice would you give to boys about girls? That not all preconceived gender roles should govern a relationship.
- What is the best advice anyone has ever given you? Walk by faith
- How do you overcome adversity? Walk by faith