I won’t bore you with further pictures of my dinner prep, but I will tell you that the lobster salad turned out very well, and I served Greek-style kebabs tonight, and Thor asked for seconds.
The lobster salad came from my imagination:
- 1/2 lb of cooked lobster tail, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 Tbs creamy horseradish
- 1 1/2 Tbs Miracle Whip
- 1/2 Tbs Lighthouse Freeze-Dried Herb, Salad Blend (I love those Lighthouse herbs!)
- Pinch o’salt
- Put in a lidded bowl and shake ingredients until well blended
- Serve as is, or rolled up in a tortilla (as I ate it, mmm!), or on a soft roll
Tonight’s kebabs are actually beef in the cookbook, but I used ground lamb, and it went like so:
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 Tsp cilantro finely chopped
- Salt ‘n Pepa to taste (p-push it real good!)
Once you’ve mixed up all the ingredients, you mold the meat into sausage looking links around 4 skewers. If you are using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for half an hour first. I use metal ones because of that one unfortunate incident with me–you don’t want to know. Just know that there were splinters involved.
You are supposed to grill these over coals, but I put them in the broiler for 10 minutes on one side, and 3 on the other, which was a nice medium on the smaller kebabs, and a nice medium rare on the fatter one I made for B.
I served it over couscous with slices of fresh avocado, and we had honeyed Greek yogurt for dessert. Not a bad spread!