My “gratitude” today is: I am thankful for slipstreams of memory.
I was driving in to work and the traffic, the weather, the season, and my stuffy head made for the perfect storm and I found myself traveling through thirty years of memories. It was like crossing ghosts of myself at every block.
- That’s where I took ice skating lessons.
- That’s where the car broke down.
- That’s where Thor saw his very first snow.
- That’s where they served such good pancakes.
- That’s where the prettiest lights were.
- That’s where B and I had lunch–no better lunch in the world.
- That’s where I had my first dinner date.
- That’s where Jamie/Byron/Karen/Mom/ and I did x/y/z/b back in junior high/high school/college/last year.
- This is where I have been happy.