Have you ever visited The Hairpin? That is one of my favorite websites. The articles are smart, funny, and legitimately helpful. I highly recommend.
Some other recommendations:
- CoverGirl Lash Blast Mascara I bought this in the checkout line of Walgreens on a day that I realized I had forgotten to pack my mascara into my gym bag. This is my new favorite mascara.
- Sally Hansen Lip Inflation lip gloss in Bare For a nude lip, you can’t beat this gloss. It’s got just enough color that your lips aren’t corpselike, and just enough plumping agent that you get a nice natural color under the shimmer-gloss. This is a must have for neutral makeup days.
- Scunci Bobby Pins My hair secret. I use bobby pins like most people use hairspray. These are the best I’ve found. They do cost more, but they hold and don’t slip. Love them.
- K-Y Touch I’m gonna slip this in here because we’re mostly adults and even if we aren’t, it’s useful information. I hate feeling sticky, greasy, or oily. This is none of the above, and I don’t have the compulsive urge to stop whatever I am doing and go wash my hands no matter what else I might be missing.
- Jim Parrack The guy who plays Hoyt Fortenberry on True Blood. I love being able to say when I meet actors who are kind people. When I met Jim, he was a true sweetheart, and that delighted me because Hoyt is my favorite TB character.
- Pilar Alessandra of On The Page I met Pilar through my high school compadre, the lovely and talented Laura House, when I took her Coffee Break Screen Writer workshop. I think I learned more in those 3 hours about drafting out a storyline, than I learned in all my years of college. If you are so inclined, you MUST get one of Pilar’s books, or attend her workshops.
- Weight Watchers Toasted Coconut Dreambars Oh. My. Word. So tasty. So sinfully tasty.
- Jag Jeans Pelly Crop Pant These are my favorite pants, and I am going to be really sad when I shrink out of them, as I almost have done. Mine are chocolate brown, soft as butter, and are more comfortable than anything else I own. And I got them marked down at Nordstrom Rack, so the price made me happy, too.
- Free Air and Water My husband’s blog. I am always trying to decide if he is smarter, or better looking because, y’all, he is brilliant and handsome.