I happened to make a nice rub for chicken. Here it is:
- 3:1:1 ratio of garlic paste, lime juice, lemon juice
- Dash of paprika
- Dash of chili powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Rub that on chicken breasts, then let it sit for about 10 minutes before grilling, roasting, whatever. Nice flavor with a little kick. We don’t have a grill, and I wanted prettier chicken. So, I used my Hamilton Beach electric griddle, and heated a cooling rack on it. I seared both sides of my chicken breasts on that rack, faking up some pretty grill marks in the process, before butterflying them to cook through on the griddle. The result was pretty looking, and really moist and tasty. There is probably some safety hazard reason that I shouldn’t have done this…
Serve that over a salsa of:
- 2 whole avocados chopped into small cubes
- 1 large tomato chopped into small bits
- 1 tbs of fresh cilantro (unless you are a genetic mutant, in which case, skip the cilantro! use some fresh parsley instead)
- dash of chili powder
- All mixed together and tossed with 1 tsp lime juice, and salt & pepper to taste.
With some grilled onions on the side. Makes a nice summer meal. Actually, it makes 3 nice summer meals.
I put the above on a salad for my mom, put it in tacos for B and me, and gave the chicken by itself to Thor, with a spoonful of the salsa and a tiny side salad. Four, because B and I are polished off the leftovers as quesadillas this morning. Salad was served with Ranch on the side, and tacos were served with Sour cream/Horseradish sauce.
2:1, sour cream and creamy horseradish, mix well and let your sinuses open with the soaring glory of the flavor.